Looking for your content...Type it here
A Closer Look at Indore
- Location : 22.2 – 23.05o North Lat. & 75.25 – 76.16o East Long
- Area: 3898 Sq. Km
- Height Above Sea Level : 553 meters above sea level
- Population (Census 2001) :
- Male : 963311
- Female : 872604
- Total : 1835915
- Population Density : 471 Per Sq. Km.
- Due to its location (approx.76o E, 23o N) , far from the sea, Indore has a moderately extreme climate.
- Indore gets moderate rainfall of 30-35 inches (~80cms) during July-September .
- During summer (April-June) the days are hot (35-40oC) with the peak summer (May) day temperature sometimes touching 45c .
- Climate : Moderately Cool with an Average Annual Rainfall of 40 inches
- Indore is situated on the Malwa plateau at an altitude of 553 m above sea level, on the banks of two small rivulets - the Saraswati and the Khan.